Beach, Wine, Cabinet…Maybe get to the cabinet first, get the wine and take it to the beach! That sounds right.
This is such a unique piece, don’t you think? I found it at the Jersey Shore at one of the many yard sales. I immediately had to have it when I found it. I mean, $10 bucks and a rare piece as far as I’m concerned. When you have a beach house and people visit, you have to stock up on the wine! I was keeping this beauty.
PAINTING A WINE CABINET
- Cleaning product, I use Dawn Platinum (You can use vinegar and water also)
- Your favorite paint color
- New hardware of choice
- 220 grit sandpaper
- Top coat for durability, I used Minwax
- Clean furniture thoroughly
- Apply first coat of paint – I only did one heavy coat
- Sand lightly or heavy, your choice
- Apply top coat, two coats on top for heavy traffic area
This post contains affiliate links where I may earn a small commission, but at no additional cost to you. It helps me continue to bring free content that may help you with your projects.
I did heavy distressing on this piece to really bring out the beach feel. The weathered wood look gives it that bright beach feel.
How about this seahorse hardware, adorable right? I found these at Hobby Lobby, perfect for the beach decor. I left the feet their natural color as well as the bottle inlets, only painting the frame of each diamond area.
This is ‘Candy‘, because wine is candy. Wouldn’t you agree?