The coastal look for this side table was inspired by my area mats I have in our bay house kitchen. Creating a coastal side table with texture is easy and fun!
This post contains affiliate links where I may earn a small commission, but at no additional cost to you. It helps me continue to bring free content that may help you with your projects.
I previously painted this side table coco and white, this was one of my earlier pieces. Like, early. While it was sweet and pretty and got a lot of attention, it didn’t sell and I got bored with it. I had tucked it away for awhile and forgot about it.
I Can’t Get Enough Of
This Coastal Side Table
- I used two different chalk paint blues to create a blended look between the top and bottom. Applying one layer of each color, allowing to dry and then another layer to blend.
- This is where the mister comes into play. Perfect to have in your arsenal.
- In some areas I used Salt Wash to create a sandy texture. This is a powder form. Mixing one part paint and one part powder, it should be a thick paste. You can dab/blot this on with a paint brush (I use a cheap chip brush), making clumps and peaks for the texture.
- In other areas I used a patina product to get the silver, rusty and coppery look.
- Rub -N- Buff is a great product that I used to touch up other areas, adding the copper and gold for accents.
- Paint of your choice.
- Dawn Platinum to wash the piece prior to painting.
- Patina line of paint from your favorite paint source
- Chip brush
- Salt Wash
Who would have thought that patina rust could look so good on a piece of painted furniture!
Now, it’s ART!
I love all the texture and color on this table. It turned out just how I wanted with the rust and crusty areas, and the gold & silver accents. This was for my house, but a shop at the Jersey Shore wanted to use it in her shop. Pictures don’t do this piece justice, in person he’s even more stunning!
“Salty Sam” is a work of art for sure! In person he is so stunning with so much to look at, it just makes you feel good. All the texture and color giving a yummy coastal vibe.
Do it with purpose!
“I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares!” -Saul Bass