This book shelf sat around in the garage for a while. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, never thought about it. Until one day…this happened. Pretty cool, right? 

This blog contains affiliate links where I may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. It helps me to continue bringing you content that helps you with your projects.

Well, this red bookshelf (below) is what it looked like originally. Without the cut-outs of course. It had thick red drips all over. I sanded it with my hand sander and sprayed the entire thing with Kilz spray primer. Once I figured out what I was doing with it, I knew I wanted some of the red to peek through as I planned to distress this project. 

The hubster helped me cut the two holes to fit the bowls, using my reciprocating saw. I tried to smooth them more with my jig saw (for the most part), and sand by hand with a medium grit sand block so the bowls fit perfectly.

After the primer I put on a coat of white chalk paint, then I started with a mix of gray and chocolate stain, two coats. When I sanded it heavily to distress it, the red peeked through and it was a quick favorite! The stain has a built-in top coat, so I didn’t need to apply one separately. I’m using it for my fur-babes and it’s still looking perfect!

This guy, “Henry”, is sitting in my laundry room for my fur-babes feeding station. Queen Lucy Belle is enjoying it…because she doesn’t share with Sir Chew-bear Chewbacca! 

Do it with purpose!

“I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares!” -Saul Bass

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
    21 Shares
    Pin21
    Share
    Tweet